Recent changes by the FCC have closed loopholes used by aggressive marketing practitioners to use inexpensive and intrusive technology to flood consumers with robo calls (recorded messages) and texts. We think this is a good thing.We all want to meet consumers on their terms and not detract from the relationship with poor communication.
One-with-one human interaction is an excellent way to provide service, share advice and offer compelling and helpful products and services. Working with a professional outsource company can impress your customer, improve your brand and grow your business.
So how do you design a successful outreach campaign and pick the right partner to ensure success?
Based on our experience, here are a few things to check.
1. Do you have a large and engaged consumer customer base, or prospect business base, that you can effectively market to?
If not, you will need to work with someone who can generate the leads for you.
2. Do you have compelling and valued products or services?
If you need more products or services to offer, the right company can provide suggestions of products or partners that do have appeal with your specific target group.
3. Is the partner experienced?
Many unscrupulous companies exist by reinventing themselves, frequently. Look for a company with a solid track record and long-standing clients.
4. Is the company compliant with laws and regulations?
This includes FTC and FCC regulations, as well as local and state laws. The American Teleservices Association (ATA) has an industry, peer review standard, called the Self-Regulating Organization (SRO), that helps demonstrate such compliance. For health related issues there are Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements as well. Having a knowledgeable and compliant partner will allow you to avoid pitfalls and fines.
5. Do they protect all parties?
No one wins in a he-said-she-said battle with the consumer. Make sure your partner provides:
- proper training to their representatives
- has guidelines in place for all areas of consumer and data engagement
- has a solid Do Not Call process to prevent and maintain customer preference
- possesses the ability to record and store conversations, validate sales and verify compliance at all points in the process
6. Are their outbound presentations customer focused and engaging?
Look for an organization that treats all customer contact with a customer is king attitude. Not everyone will want your offer, so it is important to know how to make a positive impression with each contact, regardless of the channel.
7. Do they use technology to support the experience?
Aggressive dialer management, poor connections, even improper headset positioning, can lead to a breakdown in the customer experience. Make sure they can demonstrate an understanding of the technology, its proper use and sufficient training.
8. Can they integrate channels.
The customer you speak with today, may want to chat from your website tomorrow. When you can integrate the message through one provider, the message is more consistent and clear for the consumer. Blending, channel integration, live transfers, customer databases and other technology can support the user experience.
9. Do they take training seriously?
Great technology needs to be supported with great presentations. Make sure the focus on improving the agent’s skills are well documented. Top companies provide daily feedback, while others may coach monthly. Just knowing the product or service is not enough. Skills have to be honed in order to present professionally, question with purpose, respond appropriately and connect with the consumer.
Download “3 Strategies for Increasing Results in the Call Center Channel”
For more on recent regulations, read this.GCS is in the professionally outsourced communication business. We want to help companies connect positively with their customers through multiple channels to delight customers, grow business and strengthen the brand. We support efforts by companies and regulators to continue to improve the ability to meet consumers in their preferred channel with professional and compelling presentations.
- New FCC Limitations on Robo-Calls and Auto Text Messages (gcsagents.com)